ANWAR holes up in Turkish Embassy following “death” threats

It seems that Malaysia is no longer AMAN and TENTERAM.  The one who threatened Anwar must be someone within the authority itself.  I’m very confident that this is not an “ikan bilis” (anchovy) affairs but it involved various “jerung” dan “anjing laut” (sharks and seal).  Again, I’m very sure that Police will not be interested on the “THREAT” but they will be more concentrating in the report made by Say-I-Fool (saiful).  One more thing, Pak Lah comment is too fishy and simplistic – more like he knew what sort of ending this “DRAMA”  will be.

SHAHRUL PESHAWAR

 

By : Mazlinda Mahmood

Parti Keadilan Rakyat de-facto leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has holed himself inside the Turkish Embassy in Kuala Lumpur following alleged death threats made against him after a former aide lodged a police report accusing Anwar of sodomy.

“I have been instructed to formally inform (the media) that Anwar is now at the Turkish Embassy where he will remain until a time which will be determined later, based on our discussion with embassy officials,” said PKR vice-president Azmin Ali. “He is in a safe place and is healthy and well.Azmin said only Anwar’s wife, Datin Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail, his children and immediate family members, are allowed to visit him at the embassy. Admission into the embassy will be barred to outsiders without official business.

At 6.05pm, Anwar confirmed his location in a statement posted on his blog. “I am issuing this statement from within the embassy of the Republic of Turkey in Kuala Lumpur. I was transported to the embassy earlier this morning fearing that my personal safety was in danger. I thank all those who offered to assist me in this time of need and am grateful to the Turkish Ambassador for extending an invitation to seek refuge within the Embassy,” Anwar said in his statement.

Anwar claimed that since the March 8 elections, numerous credible sources from within the government and military intelligence had advised him that certain agents from within Barisan Nasional leadership have initiated plots to cause harm to him or his family or his supporters.

 

“I have been told that my assassination has not been ruled out as means to subvert the people’s will and bring an end to the transformational changes taking place in Malaysia.“Notwithstanding the threats which are intended to silence my voice, I intend make public new evidence implicating that the Inspector General of the Police Musa Hassan and the Attorney General Gani Patail engaged in criminal acts of fabricating evidence in cases launched against me in 1998,” Anwar alleged.

Azmin claimed the decision to move Anwar to a protective place was made by the political bureau and supreme council in a meeting which ended at 5am today.

Anwar reportedly received a ‘real’ death threat from an unidentified person and was covertly moved from the Quality Hotel here in an unmarked car to the embassy after the dawn prayers, eluding the media and plainclothes policemen camping at the lobby.

Anwar was at the hotel with other senior PKR officials for a two-day party retreat to discuss future programmes.

Asked why the Turkish Embassy was chosen, Azmin said calls were made to several embassies late last night and the Turks were the first to respond positively to ensure Anwar’s safety.

“In this pressing situation, we immediately made the necessary arrangements,” he said. “During our discussion late last night, several communications took place between the party and several embassies.”

On whether Anwar is seeking asylum from the Turkish government, Azmin dismissed the idea, saying that in the near future and for his safety, PKR felt that their leader needed to be at a safe place. “That was the decision of the party leadership and he agreed to it,” he said.

Asked to comment on Azizah’s statement on Anwar reportedly attending a meeting on Thursday, the day he allegedly sodomised his special officer, Azmin said he would not disclose the details of Anwar’s alibis.

“A statement has been issued from him personally,” he said. “The president and deputy president have also given the party’s official statement and I would not go beyond that.”

 

 Sources:  http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Sunday/Frontpage/20080629184252/Article/index_html

Leave a comment

Filed under Anwar Ibrahim

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s