Monthly Archives: September 2009

As Expected – BN have no reliable candidates

133_2326

It is just like another Hindustan movie – the crook leader first send to prison, then he served his term (normally not according to the sentence given, and always get out early!), then he will take revenge and he will served worst than before he was send to jail.

but one thing, in Hindustan movie, the truth will only prevail after a very long and dramatic scenes.   Let us see how if ISA SAMAD can win with a bigger majority or smaller.  Either ISA win or not is not the matter, but rakyat can now confirm that UMNO and BN is seriously dying (nazak).  Someone who had been convicted and being punnished by the internal disciplinary body is permitted to contest  under the ruling’s party flag and the his welcoming speech is made by Deputy Prime Minister, Muhyiddin Yassin.

I thought UMNO knew their mistake in 8th March Election and the series of by-elections (8 of them), but I’m wrong.  They dont care about what are the perception of the rakyat, what they want is Winning, so desperate of  Winning.

… I am not surprised if there is any last minute replacement… as long as BN have chance of winning.

Shahrul Peshawar, Kedah

Isa Samad is BN candidate in Bagan Pinang

2009/09/29

PORT DICKSON: Former Negeri Sembilan Menteri Besar Tan Sri Isa Abdul Samad, 59, is the Barisan Nasional (BN) candidate for the Bagan Pinang state by-election.

The announcement was made by Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin announced at the BN operations centre here today.

The by-election is scheduled for October 11 with nominations on Saturday.

The seat was won by BN with a majority of 2,333 in the last general election but it fell vacant after the death of Azman Mohammad Noor. PAS is expected to announce its candidate tonight.

Meanwhile, Muhyiddin said the selection of Tan Sri Mohd Isa Abdul Samad as the Barisan Nasional (BN) candidate for the Bagan Pinang state by-election was made because this was the wish of the local populace.

He said the decision was made after the top leadership had carried out a detailed survey at the grassroots level among the Malays, Chinese and Indians in the state constituency.

They had expressed their support for Mohd Isa because they had known the people-friendly leader for a long time and knew his contributions to the people of Port Dickson and Negeri Sembilan, he said.

“That’s why in my speech earlier, I did not make my own decision because of his popularity and also the wishes of the constituents. And they (the residents) said Isa! Isa! Isa!

They mentioned it thrice, only then did I announce it because that is the choice of the voters here,” he told reporters at the Bagan Pinang Aidilfitri gathering after announcing Mohd Isa as the BN candidate for the by-election.

The Deputy Prime Minister said the decision was in favour of the voters because it was a by-election and the scenario was not the same as that of a general election.

Mohd Isa, 59, had once served as the Negeri Sembilan Menteri Besar for 22 years from April 1982 until March 2004. – Bernama

1 Comment

Filed under Di Minda Saya

Actress son falls to his death while pursuing thief

Al Fatihah.

I salute to Edi Rizal Ramli, who sacrife his life for others.  I’ve no other words except may ALlah forgive all his sins and blessed him in Hereafter.

SHAHRUL PESHAWAR.

2009/09/27

AN actress’ son fell to his death while pursuing a thief, who had broken into the Murni Titiwangsa Apartment, Keramat here at noon today.

Edi Rizal Ramli, 33, a son of actress Norlia Ghani, was said to have slipped and fell to the ground while trying to reach for the balcony of an apartment on the seventh floor.

His brother, Romiza, 36, said the incident happened when Edi Rizal went after a thief, who was said to have entered the unit by scaling a pipe.

“Edi earlier rushed to the seventh floor after being told that a thief hid in an apartment unit there after breaking into a unit on the eight floor.

“After trying unsuccessfully to enter the unit through the front door, Edi scaled the pipe to the seventh floor.

“He tried to grab a metal bar of the balcony but slipped and fell to the ground,” Romiza told reporters at the Kuala Lumpur Hospital (HKL) Forensic Department in Kuala Lumpur today.

Edi Rizal, who suffered serious head injuries, was rushed to the HKL by neighbours and was pronounced death on arrival.

His eldest brother, Rusdi, 39, who is also an actor, said Edi Rizal, who was single, would be buried at the Datuk Keramat Muslim Cemetery after a post-mortem.

“I was at home when I got a call from my youngest sibling (Emi Atkashira, 26), telling me that Edi had fallen from the apartment.

“As I was getting ready to go to mummy’s (Norlia) place, I received another call from her, telling me to go to the HKL as Edi had died,” said Rusdi.

Norlia’s family stayed on the fourth floor of the apartment. – Bernama

Kuala Lumpur deputy CID chief ACP Khairi Ahrasa, when contacted, said the police classified the case as sudden death. – Bernama

Leave a comment

Filed under Belasungkawa, Bencana Manusia

Nurin post-mortem pix – “Not Enough evidence to charge cops”

NOT A SURPRISE AT ALL.  “RAKYAT DIDAHULUKAN”.

They are busy looking into Khir Toyo’s threat letter… trying to do all these forensic things…. but matter that involved rakyat and commoners are left untouched.  Two photographers, still alive yet no one can be blame?

Do they think Malaysian can be fool always – again and again?…

Just give a thought, put yourself in Jazimin (Nurin father) shoes and what you feel now?  Being screwed by your own authority, not only they failed to locate the girl, they cant even captured the killer, they have evidence but couldnt get any clue, and lastly, their man made public something considered PnC and sensitive but they are above the law.

In this manner, we are not far behind from the regime of Myanmar, maybe at par.

SHAHRUL PESHAWAR

By Fay Angela D’cruz

KUALA LUMPUR: The two policemen identified as the culprits behind the circulation of Nurin Jazlin Jazimin’s post-mortem photographs will not be charged.

Attorney-General Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail told the New Straits Times that there was insufficient evidence against the two.

“I have looked into Nurin’s case file and found that it was going to be difficult to charge the two policemen as there was insufficient evidence,” Gani said.

He said it was difficult to prove who took the photographs and when they were circulated.

Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail says digital photographs can be manipulated
Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail says digital photographs can be manipulated

“We’re in the digital era now. Photos can be manipulated and unless you catch the person in the act or there are witnesses who can testify, it would be quite difficult to charge a person.”

The two policemen will continue with their duties.

In a NST report yesterday, Federal Criminal Investigations Department deputy director I (intelligence and operation) Datuk Mortadza Nazarene said that disciplinary action had been taken against one of the policemen.

The policeman was removed from the CID and assigned to desk duties. Mortadza added that the disciplinary unit was still investigating the second policeman.

Nurin, 8, was abducted, sexually abused and found dead two years ago.

Days after her body was found in a sports bag outside a shoplot in Petaling Jaya, post-mortem photographs of the victim were circulated on the Internet.

The photographs also showed a brinjal and a cucumber shoved into her private parts.

Nurin’s father Jazimin Abdul Jalil, sued the police for negligence after the photographs became public.

Jazimin is seeking an unspecified amount in general, exemplary and aggravated damages, interest, cost and other relief deemed fit by the court.

Jazimin, 35, told the NST recently that he had received a letter, dated Aug 3 from the Attorney-General’s Chambers, informing him that two policemen had been identified as the culprits behind the circulation of the photographs.

The letter was signed by the chamber’s prosecution head, Tun Abd Majid Tun Hamzah.

Jazimin also complained that he was kept in the dark over the progress of investigations.

Gani said the public should visit the website, http://www.agc. gov.my, to refer to files that the chambers received and follow case progress.

Nurin, a Year Two pupil of SK Desa Setapak, was abducted some 500m from her house in Wangsa Maju here on Aug 20, 2007. Her body was found two months later.

No one has been charged with the murder.

http://www.nst.com.my/articles/9nur/Article/index_html

Leave a comment

Filed under Bencana Manusia, Di Minda Saya, Human Rights

MALAYSIA: Don’t Censor or Harass Independent Website

(New York) – The Malaysian government should drop its order to a popular news website to remove videos of a recent protest and of a government minister’s reaction, Human Rights Watch said today.

The website Malaysiakini has refused to comply with a September 3, 2009 order by the Malaysian Communication and Multimedia Commission to remove a video showing an incident where protesters in Selangor state marched with a severed cow’s head to oppose the building of a Hindu temple and another in which the home minister stated that the actions were legal. The minister later reversed himself and police charged some of the protesters.

“The government wants to make the problem disappear by taking the videos off the internet,” said Elaine Pearson, deputy Asia director at Human Rights Watch. “But Malaysians have a right to see for themselves what happened and hear what was said – the government shouldn’t be suppressing this information.”

According to the Communication and Multimedia Commission, the videos are in violation of the Communication and Multimedia Act 1998, which prohibits “content which is indecent, obscene, false, menacing or offensive in character with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass another person.” Violations carry fines of up to RM50,000 (US$14,325) and up to a year in prison.

The commission’s letter ordering Malaysiakini to remove the videos from its website stated that the videos “contain offensive contents with the intent to annoy any person, especially Indians.”

One of the videos, “Temple demo: Residents march with cow’s head,” taken on August 28, 2009, shows Muslim Malay residents protesting plans to relocate Sri Maha Mariamman Hindu temple to their neighborhood. About 50 people, including several carrying a bloody cow’s head, march 300 meters from the state mosque in Selangor to the state secretariat building.

At the state building, the protesters presented their demands and threatened violence against the Hindu community and the Selangor government if the relocation went forward. Some marchers spat on and stomped on the head, an act clearly aimed at Hindus, who regard cows as sacred. The organizers had not requested a permit as required by Malaysia’s Police Act. Police monitoring the event made no move to intervene.

The second video, “Hisham: Don’t blame cow-head protesters,” recorded Home Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein’s news conference on September 2, exonerating the protesters of any wrongdoing. He said: “All they wanted was to voice their unhappiness and the unwillingness of the state government to consider their request. … This day and age, protests should be accepted in this world as people want their voices to be heard. If we don’t give them room to voice their opinions, they have no choice but to protest.”

Responding to a domestic outcry, Hishammuddin on September 3 reversed his position and ordered a further police investigation and “uncompromising punishment” of the protesters. On September 9, police charged 12 participants with illegal assembly. Six of the 12 were also charged with sedition and face fines of up to RM5,000 (US$1,430) and up to three years in prison.

“It’s time for the government to stop using sedition charges against protesters and to consistently uphold free expression,” said Pearson.

Malaysiakini has refused to remove the videos. The editor-in chief, Steven Gan, told the media: “Our intent … was not to ‘annoy,’ but to do our job as journalists to draw attention to the protest and to ensure action is taken so that incidents like this will not happen again in Malaysia.”

The commission has embarked on a thorough investigation of Malaysiakini. Over a three-day period, eight commission staffers, acting in teams, extensively questioned the chief executive officer, Premesh Chandran, as well as editors, reporters, the video team, and technical support staff. Gan was questioned separately. Investigators also copied parts of the hard disks from two computers that edit and upload videos, and demanded the original tapes.

This is not the first time that Malaysiakini reporting has resulted in a heavy-handed response by government officials. In 2003 the government carried out a 10-month investigation of the news site for posting a letter to the editor criticizing the government (http://www.hrw.org/en/news/2003/10/07/malaysia-end-intimidation-news-website ). In June 2009, the government temporarily banned Malaysiakini journalists and other critical media from entering parliament.

“The government’s investigation of Malaysiakini is nothing short of media harassment and it needs to stop,” said Pearson. “Malaysians are entitled to know all sides of a story. It is not up to the government to approve what news is fit to air, print, or post.”

Leave a comment

Filed under Human Rights

Ilal Liqa’ Muhammad Moussa

KLIA 21 Sept –Adik Muhammad Moussa selamat berangkat ke Palestin malam tadi setelah berada di Malaysia selama 2 bulan 3 hari menjalani rawatan mendapatkan kaki palsu. Beliau mengucapkan ribuan terimakasih kepada semua pihak yang terlibat terutamanya pihak MRA dan Hospital Pakar Al Islam yang sentiasa bersama beliau. Beliau menyatakan ini adalah merupakan satu pengalaman manis yang beliau tidak akan lupakan disepanjang hayat beliau. Turut bersama beliau di lapangan terbang KLIA ialah para EXCO MRA yang terdiri dari Dr. Hyzan, Pn Yasmin, Sr. Shireen dan Sr. Fauziah.

Satu sidang media untuk mengucapkan terimakasih kepada seluruh penderma telah diadakan di Hospital Pakar Al Islam Kampung Baru pada hari Jumaat, 18 Sept. Sijil penghargaan telah diberikan kepada wakil-wakil dari MSRI, COMPLETE, Hospital Serdang dan Hospital Pakar Al Islam. Dato’ Dr. Abdul Razak Kechik dalam ucapan beliau memaklumkan beberapa projek yang sedang dan akan dijalankan oleh MRA seperti bantuan pendidikan di Sri Lanka, bantuan kepada anak yatim dan ibu tunggal di selatan Thai dan bantuan berterusan di Palestin. Dalam konteks dalam negara pula, beliau menyatakan usaha berterusan sedang dijalankan membantu masyarakat terpinggir seperti orang asli, pencari suaka politik dan latihan kepada sukarelawan.

Dr. Hyzan selaku Ketua Biro Bantuan Perubatan memaklumkan bahawa pihak MRA sedang mengenalpasti beberapa pesakit lagi yang akan dibawa ke Malaysia untuk mendapatkan bantuan perubatan. Disamping itu beberapa orang doktor perubatan dari Palestin juga akan dibawa ke Malaysia untuk mendapatkan latihan intensif dalam bidang bius. Menjawab soalan wartawan, Dr. Hyzan menyatakan keseluruhan perbelanjaan perubatan adik M. Moussa adalah melebihi RM80,000.00 dan jumlah ini telah ditaja oleh beberapa pertubuhan dan orang perseorangan.

Adik Muhammad Moussa juga sempat menunjukkan demonstrasi bagaimana beliau menggunakan kaki yang baru walaupun masih dalam keadaan yang agak kekok. Kita semua mendoakan semoga adik M. Moussa dapat menyesuaikan diri dengan segera dengan kaki yang baru dan dapat memulakan kehidupan yang baru sebagai seorang remaja yang aktif dan dinamik, insyaAllah.

1-moussasit2

1-moussawalk1

1-moussawalk2

1-pc2

Leave a comment

Filed under Humanitarian, Palestine

Salam Aidilfitiri 1430 dari Alor Setar, Kedah

syawal1430-1

Minal Aidil Wal Fa’izin

MAAF ZAHIR BATIN.

Shahrul Peshawar

Leave a comment

Filed under Di Minda Saya

FREE AZLAN – GPM send protest to Embassy of Egypt

FREE AZLAN

A demonstration will be held at 11am today infront of Embassy of Egypt in Jalan Rhu, Ampang to protest the detention of Maj (R) Azlan Muhammad Shariff in Cairo.

Dunia Kemanusiaan urged unconditional release for Mr. Azlan.  It was reported that the authority of Egypt was the party who had detained him and the Egypt intelligence had interrogated him.  Shockingly, CIA, MOSSAD and M15 was also involved in the interrogation.

This is not his first trip to Gaza and his mission to assist Palestine had been published in official webiste of Global Peace Mission a long time ago.

Egypt should be seen as a friend of Palestine and not as tools of Israel and America.

FREE AZLAN NOW!

SHAHRUL PESHAWAR, Alor Setar

Leave a comment

Filed under Gaza, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Palestine, Refugee