Nurin post-mortem pix – “Not Enough evidence to charge cops”

NOT A SURPRISE AT ALL.  “RAKYAT DIDAHULUKAN”.

They are busy looking into Khir Toyo’s threat letter… trying to do all these forensic things…. but matter that involved rakyat and commoners are left untouched.  Two photographers, still alive yet no one can be blame?

Do they think Malaysian can be fool always – again and again?…

Just give a thought, put yourself in Jazimin (Nurin father) shoes and what you feel now?  Being screwed by your own authority, not only they failed to locate the girl, they cant even captured the killer, they have evidence but couldnt get any clue, and lastly, their man made public something considered PnC and sensitive but they are above the law.

In this manner, we are not far behind from the regime of Myanmar, maybe at par.

SHAHRUL PESHAWAR

By Fay Angela D’cruz

KUALA LUMPUR: The two policemen identified as the culprits behind the circulation of Nurin Jazlin Jazimin’s post-mortem photographs will not be charged.

Attorney-General Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail told the New Straits Times that there was insufficient evidence against the two.

“I have looked into Nurin’s case file and found that it was going to be difficult to charge the two policemen as there was insufficient evidence,” Gani said.

He said it was difficult to prove who took the photographs and when they were circulated.

Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail says digital photographs can be manipulated
Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail says digital photographs can be manipulated

“We’re in the digital era now. Photos can be manipulated and unless you catch the person in the act or there are witnesses who can testify, it would be quite difficult to charge a person.”

The two policemen will continue with their duties.

In a NST report yesterday, Federal Criminal Investigations Department deputy director I (intelligence and operation) Datuk Mortadza Nazarene said that disciplinary action had been taken against one of the policemen.

The policeman was removed from the CID and assigned to desk duties. Mortadza added that the disciplinary unit was still investigating the second policeman.

Nurin, 8, was abducted, sexually abused and found dead two years ago.

Days after her body was found in a sports bag outside a shoplot in Petaling Jaya, post-mortem photographs of the victim were circulated on the Internet.

The photographs also showed a brinjal and a cucumber shoved into her private parts.

Nurin’s father Jazimin Abdul Jalil, sued the police for negligence after the photographs became public.

Jazimin is seeking an unspecified amount in general, exemplary and aggravated damages, interest, cost and other relief deemed fit by the court.

Jazimin, 35, told the NST recently that he had received a letter, dated Aug 3 from the Attorney-General’s Chambers, informing him that two policemen had been identified as the culprits behind the circulation of the photographs.

The letter was signed by the chamber’s prosecution head, Tun Abd Majid Tun Hamzah.

Jazimin also complained that he was kept in the dark over the progress of investigations.

Gani said the public should visit the website, http://www.agc. gov.my, to refer to files that the chambers received and follow case progress.

Nurin, a Year Two pupil of SK Desa Setapak, was abducted some 500m from her house in Wangsa Maju here on Aug 20, 2007. Her body was found two months later.

No one has been charged with the murder.

http://www.nst.com.my/articles/9nur/Article/index_html

Leave a comment

Filed under Bencana Manusia, Di Minda Saya, Human Rights

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s